A suggestion to make CapLab more realistic would be integrating the game with the Dow Jones Index

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Would you want this addition in the game?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 11

mdemircan2
Level 4 user

A suggestion to make CapLab more realistic would be integrating the game with the Dow Jones Index

Post by mdemircan2 »

cıı down jones index.png
cıı down jones index.png (519.27 KiB) Viewed 165 times
A suggestion to make CapLab more realistic would be integrating the game with the Dow Jones
Index:
The photo in the attachments is a part of the Global Stock Market.
These are Dow Jones Index companies.
These companies affect the USA’s economy and 80 percent of the global economy.
I guess it’s AI that generates the Stock prices in the game.

My suggestion is to take the stock prices from an API, when the game passes the current date AI
should take hold and generate the prices.
Here’s an example: Arena is a simulation of Rockwell. Arena evaluates the previous numerical data
and generates reliable numbers according to some statistical models.
https://www.rockwellautomation.com/en-u ... ation.html )

If something like this can be done, AI could make more realistic predictions using the Dow Jones
data.
The reality of the macroeconomy can be increased by connecting the generated Dow Jones data with
the macroeconomic indicators in Cab Lab.
Why do I think this way?
Some other teachers and my students ask me “ How real are these data?”
I mean, potential players/customers want to experience a sense of realism, so it’ll be a more realistic
and better experience.

Thank you
maff
Level 3 user

Re: A suggestion to make CapLab more realistic would be integrating the game with the Dow Jones Index

Post by maff »

Maybe it can improve, yes, I think this global stock market is the most superfluous thing about DLC bank, it simply has nothing to do with it, and if this were changed with real prices maybe it would add some life to this "global stock market"
Image Grupo no Telegram para BRs: https://t.me/captalismlab Image

Please, vote: viewtopic.php?p=40423#p40423
Stylesjl
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: A suggestion to make CapLab more realistic would be integrating the game with the Dow Jones Index

Post by Stylesjl »

I don't think a Dow integration is a good idea. It would require continuous internet access to the Dow's website or whatever it is and could also pose issues with real world stuff interfering with the gameplay.

Even historical data would be an issue as the player can 'Know' the price history and use it cheat/take advantage of the AI.