Version History - Release version 2.4.06
Major new features in this version:
New Features for Headquarters
Chief Marketing Officer's Office
You may now use this new function available in the CMO's office to set a new advertising budget for all of your advertising units or selected ones.
Human Resources Department
There is a new function at the Human Resources Department allowing you to adjust the training levels for all your firms or selected ones.
More than 30 new cities have been added to the game, including a number of notable European cities.
You may view the complete list of cities in the Capitalism Lab database at http://www.capitalismlab.com/city-list.html
Auto Save Frequency Modifier at Script
You may use the following script functions to override the default auto save interval which is 1 year.
Auto Save Interval Days=<number>
This sets the auto save interval in game days.
Auto Save Interval Days=20
This will make the game write a new auto save file every 20 game days.
Auto Save Interval Minutes=<number>
This sets the auto save interval in real time minutes.
Chief Operating Officer’s Management Policies
There is a new slider allowing you to more precisely request your COO to set prices according to your wish. It ranges from "Maximize Profit Margin" to "Maximize Market Share", or "Balanced".
"Maximize Profit Margin" - Maximize profit margins by raising prices at the expense of market shares and capacity utilization rates
"Maximize Market Share" - Lower prices to gain market shares at the expense of profit margins.
"Balanced" - Balance market shares and profit margins and set prices sensibly.
Improved Stock Market Interface
When you are playing a game with a considerable number of AI companies, you may find the new filter buttons useful. The new filter interface are situated at the top of the stock market screen, which include the following buttons:
[ All] - Only show any types of stocks.
[ Consumer] - Only show companies that sell consumer products.
[Tech] - Only show technology stocks.
[Real Estate] - Only show real estate stocks.
[Media] - Only show media stocks.
[ Investment] - Only show companies whose main business activities are investing into other companies.
In addition, you may click on the [Owned] button to toggle whether showing only companies in which you own shares.
For example, you may choose to view only tech stocks that you currently own by clicking on the [Tech] button and then the [Owned] button.
Difficulty Level Adjustments for Scripted Games
On the Load Script menu, there is a new option for choosing the difficulty level for the script game. When enabled, the competitors' start-up capital, aggressiveness, and expertise level are reduced by one notch. Competence of local competitors is also reduced.
1) Improved the "select supplier" window by showing the products’ retail market shares.
2) On the Persons report, there will be a new button called [My Staff Only] allowing you to toggle the display to show only your staff.
3) The game now uses compression for save game files, resulting in significantly smaller save game file sizes. Saving and loading games will also take less time if the harddisk’s access speed was a bottleneck.
4) Improved the Batch Switching Supplier functionality.
5) The game now displays freight cost breakdown on the Purchasing unit. Hover the mouse over the “cost+freight” display and the game will now pop up a box showing the freight cost breakdown.
6) Improved the algorithm for calculating the land cost, which now takes into account revenues from neighboring firms.
7) We have touched up the R&D firm interface for improved readability.
8) On the firm detail screen, there is a new icon for assigning the manager of your firm. In the previous versions of Capitalism, you have to click on the person portrait to do so. Now clicking on the person portrait will open the Persons report instead.
9) On the firm detail screen, if the firm is part of an AI company, there will be new icons for indicating whether you own shares in the company. If it is your company’s subsidiary (you own more than 50% of the company’s shares), there will be an icon indicating this as well.
10) “Inflation Auto Adjust” options are set to on automatically when a new headquarters building is built.