More than 100 person in the game possible?

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
stiffler84

More than 100 person in the game possible?

Post by stiffler84 »

Hey David,

refering to "MOD – Data Size Limits"

Is there any chance to have more than 100 person in the game?

Because i think this is the main reason why large mods with many company don`t seem to work as intended is the hard limit of 100 person in the game.

1. By defining the company_details.txt for example you set up 80 companies including 80 ceos with all their individual Product expertise
2.In the persons.dbf you later on define those 80 ceos + 40 other persons which can start as mayor and other person which start indipendent. Makes 120 persons in the dbf
3.Now you create a new game with lets say 50 companys and 120 persons.
4.And here is the problem. The game looks in the company.dbf and chooces randomly 100 out of the 120 person which which will be in the game an messes up the earlier defined Company_details.txt and puts the ceo from person.dbf to any of the companys defined earliier. So we will end up with for example "Steve Jobs" working an Coca Cola producing cars.
Is there any way to solve this issue?

Thank you
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: More than 100 person in the game possible?

Post by David »

We will increase the upper limit of in-game persons from 101 (100 AI persons + 1 player character) to 120.

Currently the game has 109 person portraits. If you are using a mod, it may have a larger number of person portraits, taking advantage of the increased upper limit.

This change will be available in the upcoming update v6.2.00.
David

Post by David »

Update: the improvement has been implemented in the latest version 6.2.00. You may download it from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =52&t=7160
vfranze

Post by vfranze »

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a database with 120 persons, to test the new limit of 120, but when I start the game, there is always one person missing, as I only have 119 persons in the game, included my own character.

The problem is that I always have in the game one person less than those I define in Persons.DBF, no matter how many people are there: I've tested with 61 persons and I got the same issue, with only 60 persons in the game.
I have the same issue even with the default database that comes with the MOD Kit: there are 110 people there, but only 109 are in the game when I compile it and use the MOD to start the game.
This his happens in the Current Release (6.3.07) as well as in the Post Release (6.4.06 Beta).

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
David

Post by David »

The game sets the number of persons in a new game depending on the number of AI companies. If the number of AI companies is small, the number of persons will be small accordingly, for gameplay balance reason.

To override this, you can use a script to set the number of AI persons to a definitive number:

Please see: https://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/s ... vironment/

Number of AI Persons=<number of competitors+8 to 100>
This is the total number of AI persons in a game. You may customize it using the above line, allowing you to create a game with more persons than a standard game. Please note that the game requires the number of AI persons to be at least equal to the number of competitors + 8. If you set it lower than this value, the game will automatically reset it to the minimum allowed value.