Major New Feature: Service Firms in v8.1.00

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Major New Feature: Service Firms in v8.1.00

Post by David »

The highly anticipated new feature Service Firms is now available in the version v8.1.00 which you could download from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8817

New Experimental DLC Feature: Service Firms

In a service firm, products are prepared and sold to customers in a unified operation. On the 3×3 layout, the preparing process (e.g. preparation of pizzas) is structurally similar to the manufacturing process. It has Input units for procuring ingredients, and a Prepare unit for making the products. Then the Prepare unit is linked to a Sales unit, allowing it to sell the products directly to customers.

From the gameplay perspective, you may view it as a hybrid combining the production function of a factory and the sales capability of a retail store.

A major distinction between service firms and retail stores is that each service firm has a brand rating at the firm level and it is shared by all products within the service firm.

For example, when you think of a pizza restaurant, you recognize the restaurant’s brand, as opposite to having brand perceptions for different flavors of pizzas from that restaurant.

Another characteristic of service companies is the ability to increase local customer traffic. With this, you can increase customer traffic in a shopping area by opening more restaurants there.

To use this new feature, enable the “Service Firms” option on the “Experimental DLC” page of the New Game Settings menu.

Detailed Instructions for Service Firms:
For details about how to set up and operate service firms, please see https://www.capitalismlab.com/service-firms/

For more details about Experimental DLC: https://www.capitalismlab.com/experimental-dlc/

Select “Service Firm” from the “Build” menu and choose a type of service firm to build.

Use the Preparation Guide to set up the restaurant to prepare Pizza Seafood.

Loading a MOD with Service Firms

Note that this is an experimental feature and it is intended to be used by user created mods. The vanilla game content currently does not contain any service firms. You must load a mod with service firms in order to use this feature.

We recommend Real World MOD (Service Edition) v12.00 which allows you to open Pizzerias, Fast Food Shops, Business Shops and Hotels as Service Firms.

This new version of Real World MOD also comes with a brand new Pizzeria building.

For more details and download instructions of Real World MOD v12.00, please see: https://www.capitalismlab.com/real-worl ... e-edition/

Attachments
Pizzeria2.png
Pizzeria2.png (388.07 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
Customer traffic boost.png
Customer traffic boost.png (229.26 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
Setup service layout.png
Setup service layout.png (176.14 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
Build service firm.png
Build service firm.png (355.48 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Re: Major New Feature: Service Firms in upcoming v8.1.00

Post by saferain »

好消息,新版本哪天推出?
FCT team. Professional Chinese translation.E-mail:info_fct@163.com
jiuliumuliao
Level 3 user

Post by jiuliumuliao »

David wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:42 am New Experimental DLC Feature: Service Firms

The highly anticipated new feature Service Firms will be available in the upcoming version v8.1.00.

In a service firm, products are prepared and sold to customers in a unified operation. On the 3×3 layout, the preparing process (e.g. preparation of pizzas) is structurally similar to the manufacturing process. It has Input units for procuring ingredients, and a Prepare unit for making the products. Then the Prepare unit is linked to a Sales unit, allowing it to sell the products directly to customers.

From the gameplay perspective, you may view it as a hybrid combining the production function of a factory and the sales capability of a retail store.

To use this new feature, enable the “Service Firms” option on the “Experimental DLC” page of the New Game Settings menu.

Detailed Instructions for Service Firms:
For details about how to set up and operate service firms, please see https://www.capitalismlab.com/service-firms/
愚人节唯一的惊喜
『The Finance Road』
CapLab Chinese Player Discussion Group
FCT (Professional Chinese)
QQ Group Number:817-380-613
E-mail:info_fct@163.com
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

Great news lol I'm very happy with this news, I'm excited :D

I have a doubt.

The products used in the production of pizza will I be able to manufacture or produce?
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by saferain »

rafaeltodero wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:59 pm Great news lol I'm very happy with this news, I'm excited :D

I have a doubt.

The products used in the production of pizza will I be able to manufacture or produce?
Maybe open a pizza shop instead of selling pizza products
FCT team. Professional Chinese translation.E-mail:info_fct@163.com
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

saferain wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:34 pm 好消息,新版本哪天推出?
It has been released. You could now download version 8.1.00 from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8817