Software quality Cap or Bug ?

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Purifier
Level 4 user

Software quality Cap or Bug ?

Post by Purifier »

After some years running, i wanted to see what the quality of my OS is, but was surprised at what i see. Research is still going on in 0.5 year projects, as seen in the screenshot the Overall Tech cap is 179 going to 188 at the moment.
(which by itself is also weird, all 3 projects for the OS run at same time an same level and are currently going from Tech 210 to 221, so where does the 179 and 188 come from?)
Yet the Software company is only pumping out 100 Target Quality versions of the OS each half year (screenshot 1).
Screenshot 2 if of the factory producing the DVD's.

Screenshot 1
CapLabScreen1.PNG
CapLabScreen1.PNG (70.75 KiB) Viewed 844 times
Attachments
CapLabScreen2.PNG
CapLabScreen2.PNG (126.44 KiB) Viewed 844 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Software quality Cap or Bug ?

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

If your save game file is too large for attachment, you may check out this post about how to send us large files: https://www.enlight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2473
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

Hi David,

Sure;

Savegame is to big to attach soplease use this googledrive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zZ9xc6 ... share_link
Although i dont think its needed, i'm playing with a custom Script, attached to this post.

1+3) I'm using the latest version, 8.2.13 with the Realworld mod V12 Services (https://www.capitalismlab.com/real-worl ... e-edition/), all DLC enabled.
2) "bug" is still going on, the software companies for research and programming as well as the factory are located in the right side island of Rotterdam near each other.
CapLabScreen3.PNG
CapLabScreen3.PNG (1.24 MiB) Viewed 797 times
Attachments
Custom game.7z
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

I've also looked at the software AI company's are developing and see the same thing, Tech is over 100, Quality is "stuck" at 100:
CapLabScreen4.PNG
CapLabScreen4.PNG (97.07 KiB) Viewed 797 times
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

I might have been away for a while, but isn't the max for quality 100 ? In other words you are improving your own perfect software each time, which is why it goes from 100 to...drum roll...100. No one else has tech which is as high as yours, which is why there is no noticeable improvement to your quality when your tech changes, however it does have the side effect of reducing the quality of the competition if they have the product out and do not improve their own tech level.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

saffgee wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:48 pm I might have been away for a while, but isn't the max for quality 100 ? In other words you are improving your own perfect software each time, which is why it goes from 100 to...drum roll...100. No one else has tech which is as high as yours, which is why there is no noticeable improvement to your quality when your tech changes, however it does have the side effect of reducing the quality of the competition if they have the product out and do not improve their own tech level.
Hi saffgee, thanks for answering this. You are right on point.
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

Riiiiiight, i understand now.
That explains the formula used when you hover over a Manufactering tile of the factory.
There indeed is nobody else making an OS, so i don't "see" a change.

Thank you Saffgee.