Link AI Persons to Company not working?

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Brutus
Level 4 user

Link AI Persons to Company not working?

Post by Brutus »

I used the instructions on the following page:

https://www.capitalismlab.com/link-ai-p ... companies/

in order to link a company to a CEO but it doesn't seem that this linkage works? :cry:

This Code Snippet:

Code: Select all

[COMPANY]
Company = Matt Stylists	
CEO = A. F. Kaye
Focus = All
Product Expertise = Apparel, 20
Added this code to ''Company_Details.txt'' and packed into a mod and then loaded up in-game

but did not result in A.F. Kaye being the CEO of Matt Stylists sadly :| someone else was the CEO of Matt Stylists and A. F. Kaye was CEO of another corporation. This function does not seem to work.

The real reason I was trying this was not to actually link CEO's to companies but to override their initial product expertise because the current game doesn't block software expertise or internet expertise when you set ''AI Expertise Level = None'' which annoys the hell out of me since I just want to play a non-expertise game vs the AI.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Link AI Persons to Company not working?

Post by saffgee »

Unfortunately there are a lot of balancing issues with expertise, that David tells me have to stay as they are.

Expertise can be switched off fully, but not for the digital age DLC. In order for that DLC to work properly, someone has to have OS expertise and it also apportions software expertise too, which is parcelled out in at least two different tranches (eg one AI gets 3-4 software types, another one gets 3-4 other types). It basically means that Digital DLC can start as soon as the AI is up and running, otherwise they would have to research first.

It's possible this could be partially solved by the fix that I requested and David asked the programmer to put in for me (not sure which release), which basically fixed it so that start dates for tech are not superseded by expertise - this would of course also prohibit you from researching that tech until the corresponding date though, but it would potentially level the playing field, as you could simply set the corresponding tech to activate 1 year from your game start date.