Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V7.0.03 full version installer now available

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V7.0.03 full version installer now available

Post by David »

Latest update: please note that the post-release beta version has been rolled out for release. Please download the latest Release version 7.0.04 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=8424

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V7.0.03 full version installer has been released.

To install it, download it from https://caplab.b-cdn.net/CapLab_Post_Re ... taller.exe and run the installer.

This version introduces a special DLC called "Experimental DLC". It serves as a temporary place for new features to be experimented and tested before they would make their way to an official DLC.

True to its name, experimental features that do not make it during the test period due to gameplay balance issues or simply lack of fun will eventually be dropped.

The "Experimental DLC" is freely accessible to users who have purchased all of the 4 existing DLCs (Subsidiary DLC, City Economic Simulation DLC, Digital Age DLC and Banking and Finance DLC.)

The first new feature debuted in the Experimental DLC is the Import Company. More new features are being developed and will be available in future versions of the Experimental DLC.

New Features and Improvements

Import Company (a new feature in Experimental DLC):
You can now build an Import Company and select the types of products to import. If the seaports do not carry the types of goods or semi products you need, chances are that you could import them through your own Import Company. It would greatly increase the flexibility you have in setting up your supply chains, especially at the early stage of the game.

For more details, please see: https://www.capitalismlab.com/import-company/

Interface Improvements
Added sorting functions to the Corporations list, Persons list and Stock Exchange in the Information Center.

When you are selecting a product to purchase from the Purchasing Unit, it will display checkboxes indicating products that are already being sold in the store.

On the popup that shows the retail demand bonus, it now displays star icons instead of text.

New Person Portraits
2 new person portraits have been added to the game, increasing the maximum number of persons in a game by two.

AI Improvements
When the player is using a MOD with products having alternative manufacturing blueprints:
>The AI will prefer alternative manufacturing blueprints with available inputs over those with missing inputs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the list of improvements after version 7.0.00, please see: https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =10&t=8412
Attachments
New portraits.png
New portraits.png (13.91 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
already purchasing.png
already purchasing.png (122.27 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
sort_stocks.png
sort_stocks.png (747.64 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
sort_persons.png
sort_persons.png (733.51 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
sort_corporations.png
sort_corporations.png (690.03 KiB) Viewed 5525 times
import_company.png
import_company.png (794.1 KiB) Viewed 5740 times
Products that can be imported are indicated with "cargo ship" icons.
Products that can be imported are indicated with "cargo ship" icons.
Import_icon.png (687.74 KiB) Viewed 5740 times
Build_import_company.png
Build_import_company.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 5740 times
Import_company_settings.png
Import_company_settings.png (837.29 KiB) Viewed 5740 times
Experimental_DLC.png
Experimental_DLC.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 5740 times
saferain
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V7.0.00 full version installer now available

Post by saferain »

进口公司进行了测试,产品没什么优势,除了半成品方便之外,根本上就是一个可有可无的存在。

当然,进口公司如果进行更新,添加不一样的体验和玩法,我想会让游戏更加有趣。

先说下失望的部分,本地产品的进口根本上没有优势,价格上更加昂贵,这不是一个进口产品应有的。进口产品要么在价格上有优势,要么在质量和品牌上面有优势,能够形成品牌效应。我在游戏里用最高质量(70)的产品和电脑竞争,1年时间就没优势了,亏损的厉害。后续还没有办法提高质量。

1,建议进口公司提供高的进口品质和品牌效应。

2,可以在进口界面显示产品的品牌费用,品牌费用可以和电脑进行竞争。

3,添加特殊的产品进行进口(游戏里本来没有的产品)
FCT team. Professional Chinese translation.E-mail:info_fct@163.com
Prof.XIAO

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V7.0.00 full version installer now available

Post by Prof.XIAO »

Great! Thank you Mr. David for releasing v7.0.00! :D
Financial Road CapLab Official Chinese Community
FCT Sinicization Team
QQ Group Number:①817-380-613/②754-365-305/③937-774-944
E-mail:info_fct@163.com
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

When clicking the client button, the window that opens constantly flashes and opens behind the import company window if you have 0 client's for that product (image below). If you do have client's then the the OK button does not work.

Also being unable to import because I don't have the tech to make the item seems strange, surely I should be able to import a product without knowing how to make it. It should probably be unavailable until someone has discovered it though.

Only 1 import company is available, the window is blank after building one. (image below)

The new sort by button in the person window makes hiding the AI stats pointless, you can sort by retail for instance and it sorts even the hidden stats, eg in the screenshot below I can tell the boss of L'Oreal has 40 in retail because the person before and after her do as well. If the Ai stats are meant to be hidden, I would suggest the search does not include them and only sorts available persons (pushing all the others to the bottom of the list unsorted).

You cant see how much resource an import unit provides, and you cant have more than 1 import line for a product so its still easy to run out, I would have thought this should have a pretty unlimited amount of supply since your already paying a premium for transporting it. It would also be nice natural resources could be imported.
Attachments
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg (49.92 KiB) Viewed 5641 times
Image3.jpg
Image3.jpg (38.32 KiB) Viewed 5646 times
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (192.11 KiB) Viewed 5646 times
David

Post by David »

saferain wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:53 am 进口公司进行了测试,产品没什么优势,除了半成品方便之外,根本上就是一个可有可无的存在。

当然,进口公司如果进行更新,添加不一样的体验和玩法,我想会让游戏更加有趣。

先说下失望的部分,本地产品的进口根本上没有优势,价格上更加昂贵,这不是一个进口产品应有的。进口产品要么在价格上有优势,要么在质量和品牌上面有优势,能够形成品牌效应。我在游戏里用最高质量(70)的产品和电脑竞争,1年时间就没优势了,亏损的厉害。后续还没有办法提高质量。

1,建议进口公司提供高的进口品质和品牌效应。

2,可以在进口界面显示产品的品牌费用,品牌费用可以和电脑进行竞争。

3,添加特殊的产品进行进口(游戏里本来没有的产品)
The quality ratings of import products have been increased in the updated version 7.0.01. Please give it try and provide feedback.

You're right that the ability to import semi products can be the most useful function of an import company. When you use it with the Modern World MOD, it can make a significant difference.
David

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:38 pm When clicking the client button, the window that opens constantly flashes and opens behind the import company window if you have 0 client's for that product (image below). If you do have client's then the the OK button does not work.
The bugs have been fixed in the updated version 7.0.01.
Also being unable to import because I don't have the tech to make the item seems strange, surely I should be able to import a product without knowing how to make it. It should probably be unavailable until someone has discovered it though.
Our concern is that this will upset the gameplay balance - import companies would have too much advantages on products that are not yet invented locally.
Only 1 import company is available, the window is blank after building one. (image below)
Fixed. Each corporation can only build one import company. When it has been built, the option will be disabled on the building type list.
The new sort by button in the person window makes hiding the AI stats pointless, you can sort by retail for instance and it sorts even the hidden stats, eg in the screenshot below I can tell the boss of L'Oreal has 40 in retail because the person before and after her do as well. If the Ai stats are meant to be hidden, I would suggest the search does not include them and only sorts available persons (pushing all the others to the bottom of the list unsorted).
I am not aware that AI person stats can be hidden. Under what game settings did you see them hidden?
You cant see how much resource an import unit provides, and you cant have more than 1 import line for a product so its still easy to run out, I would have thought this should have a pretty unlimited amount of supply since your already paying a premium for transporting it. It would also be nice natural resources could be imported.
Again, the priority of maintaining good gameplay balance comes first. If imports have unlimited supply, it will render it meaningless to set up production chains, which are core elements of gameplay, especially for raw materials and semi products.

It is possible to increase the supply by a certain extent though, if it makes import companies more useful without the aforementioned drawback. Please provide more feedback after you have tested this feature more.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Error with the private company

Post by paulwoman »

When the DLC "Subsidiary" - with or without the others DLC - I can make a private company
2021-07-18 18_43_08-Window.png
2021-07-18 18_43_08-Window.png (38.84 KiB) Viewed 4964 times
When I click on the icon
2021-07-18 18_36_20-Window.png
2021-07-18 18_36_20-Window.png (26.7 KiB) Viewed 4964 times
I have this error :
2021-07-18 18_36_29-Window.png
2021-07-18 18_36_29-Window.png (8.77 KiB) Viewed 4964 times
Note :

When I launch the release 6.9.07, I can't do a private company
2021-07-18 18_52_11-Window.png
2021-07-18 18_52_11-Window.png (39.82 KiB) Viewed 4964 times
David

Re: Error with the private company

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:53 pm When the DLC "Subsidiary" - with or without the others DLC - I can make a private company
2021-07-18 18_43_08-Window.png

When I click on the icon
2021-07-18 18_36_20-Window.png

I have this error :

2021-07-18 18_36_29-Window.png

Note :

When I launch the release 6.9.07, I can't do a private company

2021-07-18 18_52_11-Window.png
The crash bug when opening the Corporate Details screen has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v7.0.02.

As for the Private Company option, in my testing, it is not available when the Subsidiary DLC is disabled. Could you please test it again?
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Error with the private company

Post by paulwoman »

David wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:54 am
As for the Private Company option, in my testing, it is not available when the Subsidiary DLC is disabled. Could you please test it again?
I can't see the bug yet.

Thanks.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

David wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:21 am
cantdownloadit wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:38 pm
Fixed. Each corporation can only build one import company. When it has been built, the option will be disabled on the building type list.
Why can we only build one?

I would have enjoyed being able to import more than 10 products, in the different cities.

If we stick to this system, I imagine doing something like insurance companies and banks that have a building as their HQ and branches to go to the customer.

Note: the AI does not seem to be able to make the best use of the import company.

Indeed, when I create a company via a subsidiary, nothing happens. It is only when I create a shop with the said product that the AI will use it.

Curiously, the product of the importing company will be used first but will also use the same product of the competitor at the same time.